Menu
707-944-0889
Cart 0 items: $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 

2013 Skipstone Oliver's Blend 750ml

2013 Skipstone Oliver's Blend 750ml
In Stock
Add To Cart
$165.00
/ bottle
SKU: 13SSOB750
Add To Cart
$1,980.00
/ Case of 12
 

Tasting Notes:  "The wine has an opaque purple color and a gorgeous nose of dusty, loamy soil scents interwoven with floral nuances, blackberry, licorice and dark, dark cherry. Very spicy and earthy, with a hint of new saddle leather ... This is a terrific, full-throttle, beautifully balanced and pure wine." - Robert Parker (94 Points)

Winemaker's Notes:  The 2013 Oliver’s Blend is the ninth vintage released from Skipstone. Our annual approach with Oliver’s Blend is to create a blend of Cabernets from up to 20 individual small lots. Each lot has a unique profile (based on soil type, exposure and clonal selection) and blended they create a foundation.  This Cabernet Sauvignon is then embellished with our other blending varietals to best showcase the vintage. This year the foundation Cabernet was structured and powerful. We left it as the primary voice at 88%. The remaining 12% is Merlot which added a lovely roundness and fleshy mouthfeel to the wine. The wine is beautifully expressive of our site. With so many pockets of soil differentiation and exposures, Oliver’s Blend is a symphonic compilation of aroma and flavor. This coupled with clonal diversity of three separate Cabernet clones creates an exceptionally complex wine. Year after year, this is a wine of profound power and elegance.

Composition: 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Merlot

Winemaker: Philippe Melka

Production: 428 Cases

Optimal Drinking Window: 2017 - 2037

Our Thoughts:

Wine Specs
Vintage
2013
Varietal
Bordeaux Blend